Learn More About Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Your body’s hormones are responsible for numerous functions, such as converting food to energy, mood stability, and reproductive functioning. A hormonal imbalance can cause minor problems like dry skin or oily hair as well as major health issues like heart diseases and diabetes. Unfortunately, most people and their doctors are unaware of the hormonal component to certain disorders and therefore don’t treat the condition appropriately. When men and women continue to experience poor health despite traditional medical treatment, many of them choose to look into alternative healthcare choices like Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy.
This alternative health treatment uses replacement hormones from soy and yam plants to help balance the hormones and restore your health. These plants have a nearly identical cellular and genetic structure to the hormones already present in your body. Because of this, your body can’t tell that the replacement hormones are not your own. You don’t have to worry about the serious side effects that are present in synthetic hormone replacement drugs. Another major benefit is ongoing medical supervision by a doctor who customizes your treatment plan based on your specific hormone deficiencies.
Consider Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy to Treat These Health Conditions. This natural therapy is effective to restore energy and vitality as well as to treat a variety of specific health issues.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy can treat symptoms including:
- Adrenal Fatigue
- Your body’s adrenal glands produce the hormone cortisol to help you manage stress and fight off common infections. Prolonged stress, illness, poor nutrition, a sedentary lifestyle, and other factors can cause the adrenal glands to malfunction so you are unable to deal with stressors as you normally would. Some of the indications that you may have adrenal fatigue include feeling chronically exhausted, an inability to concentrate, low sex drive, cravings for sweet or salty foods, and a depressed mood. Restoring your body’s cortisol to therapeutic levels helps to eliminate adrenal fatigue and all of the symptoms that come with it.
- Andropause is the collective name for a group of symptoms men experience when testosterone and other hormones start decreasing. Men going through andropause may experience erectile dysfunction, low libido, mood swings, decreased energy, weight gain, and several other symptoms. Hormone Replacement Therapy restores testosterone and other hormones to optimal levels so men can enjoy optimal health and renewed energy.
- Fibromyalgia is chronic, widespread pain and tenderness to touch that may be localized or prevalent all over the body. Checking your sex hormones and cortisol production will help determine if a deficiency may be a contributing factor and whether BHRT can help.
- Insulin Resistance
- Insulin resistance occurs when your body either does not produce enough insulin or is not using insulin effectively. This causes glucose levels in your blood to elevate, leading to diabetic symptoms and complications. Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy may help treat the underlying cause of some forms of insulin resistance.
- Menopause is a gradual process that happens when a woman’s ovaries produce less estrogen and progesterone. Bio identical hormone replacement therapy uses natural hormones to provide relief from symptoms and to correct hormonal imbalances and deficiencies.
- Mood Disorders
- Unbalanced hormones have a dramatic effect on brain chemistry, which in turn can cause problems with anxiety, depression, or irritability. When prescription drugs fail to bring relief, many people turn to Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy. By restoring balance to the body’s main hormones, brain chemicals such as serotonin and melatonin reset as well. You will still have normal moods, but they won’t feel out of control as they did before.
- Osteoporosis occurs when bone density decreases, often due to estrogen deficiency. Osteoporosis often occur in women after menopause. Bio identical hormone replacement therapy can help restore the proper amounts of estrogen needed to protect you from osteoporosis.
- Parkinson's Disease
- Parkinson’s Disease is a neurodegenerative brain disorder affecting the nerve cells in the brain. Research has shown bioidentical hormone therapy, especially two forms of bioidentical estrogen, estradiol and estriol, may slow the progression and symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease.
- Perimenopause occurs in the years before menopause when the ovaries produce less estrogen. Symptoms can include menstrual irregularities, hot flashes, low libido, vaginal dryness and insomnia. Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy can help ease the side effects of this natural transition.
- Thyroid Disorders
- Your thyroid is a tiny organ that sits at the base of your neck and releases hormones into your bloodstream. It literally controls hundreds of bodily functions. When too much thyroid hormone is present, you may experience agitation, unintended weight loss, anxiety, and diarrhea. The medical name for this is hyperthyroidism. With hypothyroidism, your body produces too little of the thyroid hormone. Common symptoms include weight gain, depression, ongoing digestive problems, and consistently feeling too cold or too warm. After determining where your thyroid levels stand, your doctor provides you with natural hormone balancing to help level out the extremes.
- Weight Loss Resistance
- Weight Loss Resistance can occur when factors such as chronic stress, age or genetic variables disrupt the hormonal balance of the body. Imbalances of estrogen and progesterone are typical causes of weight loss resistance. Restoring optimal hormone levels with bio identical hormone replacement therapy can help you get to a healthy weight.
The above are just a small sample of conditions that can benefit from Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy. We encourage you to schedule an appointment to discuss your specific concerns with a holistic healthcare provider.
Find Local Boston Bioidentical Hormone Doctors Near You: